Please contact the Property Management Office at (713) 255-2340 a minimum of 48 hours prior to freight elevator use.
There is no charge for after-hours freight elevator usage.
It is your responsibility to assess the elevator size and determine if your large item(s) will fit in the elevator cab. We encourage you and your delivery company to inspect the clearance height, loading dock and route prior to move-ins, move-outs and large deliveries.
The inside dimensions of the freight cabs are:
- 7' wide
- 5' deep
- 9' high
- The doorway opening to the freight elevator is 42” wide
The maximum weight capacity of each cab is 3,500 pounds.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the cab is not overloaded, which could result in damage to the equipment and/or cab finishes. Be sure that your employees and all vendors providing services to your company are aware of the weight limitation. Also be aware that improperly balanced loads can cause damage to the elevator rails and related equipment.
All reservations must be requested 48 hours in advance and are subject to the approval of the Property Management Office. As part of the approval process, all vendors or delivery companies must have a Certificate of Insurance on file.
Do not schedule deliveries or construction until you have received final approval from the Property Management Office.
Brookhollow II has five passenger elevators serving the building:
- Four from the Lobby – 14th floor
- One from the Basement – 14th floor
The maximum weight capacity of the passenger cabs is 3,000 pounds. Under no circumstances are large deliveries to be made using these cabs.
Each elevator, including the freight elevator, is equipped with a phone that connects directly to an emergency monitoring company.
If an elevator malfunctions, and you are unable to exit the elevator:
- Pick up the phone intercom provided (a signal will ring to the emergency monitoring station that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- The monitoring service will notify the appropriate personnel to assist you in safely exiting the elevator.
- While inside the elevator, please remain calm.
- Under no circumstances should you attempt to climb out on top of the cab roof or pry open the doors while it is between floors.