Demonstrations or Civil Disturbance
A civil disorder serious enough to cause an evacuation of the building is very unlikely. However, should it become necessary to evacuate a certain floors, the procedure is the same as a fire evacuation. If a disorder takes place in your area, call the Police at 9-1-1 and the property management office at (713) 255-2340.
Take the following actions:
- Stay in the building, away from demonstrators
- Continue business as usual and do not become part of the problem
- If passing the demonstration and the situation appears tense, move quickly away from the area, but stay alert and obtain as much useful information as possible
- If peace keeping authorities are not present in a tense situation, notify the Property Management Office to call the local emergency response authorities
- Upon notification through the Property Management Office, the Property Manager will:
- Post security officers as monitors at exits nearest to the demonstrators to redirect building
occupants away from the demonstration
- Take steps to prevent access of unauthorized persons into restricted areas such as limiting
- Notify the appropriate Tenant Emergency Representatives.
Most demonstrations are peaceful, but be on the alert for any quick mood changes.